A great way to hide veggies like mushrooms and spinach, lasagna is a classic comfort food.
Begin by pressing:
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu
Add to blender with:
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves or 1 t dried basil
- 1Tbsp oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar or ACV
Blend until creamy.
For the lasagna, you’ll need:
- Oven ready noodles (be sure they do not contain egg)
- 2 cups sauce plus 1.5 cups water mixed together
- Tofu ricotta
- Vegan mozzarella shreds
- Veggies of your choice
Begin by covering the bottom of your pan (2 loaf pans or one rectangle) with sauce. Add noodles, then tofu ricotta, then veggies. Repeat this process until pan is full. Top with vegan mozzarella and oregano. Cover tightly with foil, and bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour. Allow to cool with foil removed for 5 minutes before slicing.